We Accept Most Insurance
Depending on your policy, your visit may be covered. Not sure if your insurance covers the nutrition counseling sessions? Call the 800 number on the back of your insurance card and ask to speak with a representative.
If the insurance company asks for a CPT code please provide them with the following codes 97802 & 97803. If they say you do not have coverage using those codes NEXT ask them to check your coverage for the following CPT codes: 99401, 99402, 99403 and 99404.
If the representative asks for a diagnosis code – please tell them the visit is coded the ICD 10 code: Z71.3
Your carrier will let you know how many visits they are willing to cover. Depending on the carrier the number of visits vary from 0 to unlimited depending on medical need.
- In the event you have a deductible I will not be able to initially bill your insurance company directly. Therefore, payment of the initial visit is due at the start of the session.
- I will provide you with the appropriate documentation to submit to your insurance company to show receipt of the nutrition services. Once your deductible has been met and you have nutrition services on your policy, I can then directly bill your insurance company.
For most insurance companies I'm considered a specialist. Therefore, your specialist co-pay is applicable and is payable at the time of service. This information can be found on the front of your actual insurance card.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- I also accept Health Savings Account (HSA) cards. Simply use these in place of your regular credit or debit card.
- I accept other forms of payment- cash, check, and credit/debit. Payment is taken at each visit.
- Installment payment plans are available for any nutritional counseling service. Contact me for more information or to set up a payment plan.